Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

A few Snafu's but Still Great

Sail Date: February 04, 2007

We sailed the Pride Feb 4th thru the 11th, (Sun. - Sun.) We received a call Saturday evening advising us the ship would not be leaving port till the following day due to a mechanical problem. They gave us a customer service number to call and we finally got through. I'm sure everybody else was calling at the same time. We were told we could cancell and receive a full refund or sail on Monday, only hit two ports instead of three) and receive 15% off our cruise and a 50.00 p/person credit. Also they would pay up to $200.00 p/person to apply towards a hotel or airline flight change. We opted to go anyway, we stayed at the Doubletree in San Pedro (nice hotel) and wound up leaving port at 8:00 p.m. Monday night. Once that was over and done with, we decided not to let that ruin our vacation, we had a great time. The room steward kept our room immaculate and the entertainment was kind of fun. I saw alot of families, older couples and young people. A good cross section, we talked to another couple who was on the Princess and were in port the same time as us. They absolutely hated it, they said everyone was 65 or older. By the way, we are in our late 40's.

Pros: I enjoyed the food and the great service

Cons: 7 days was a little long

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I was dissapointed in Cabo, only because I used to go there in the eally 90's and it was a quaint fishing village, small restaurants, inexpensive, etc. It now has a shopping mall with an escalator, fancy, expensive restaurants and stores built around a new marina. I felt like I was in Huntington Beach, not Mexico.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
We enjoyed Mazatlan, went to Senor Frogs and let our hair down after doing some shopping. If you like jewelry, that's the place.
Mazatlan, Mexico