Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

Worse Cruise experience

Sail Date: July 23, 2006

The ship was ok. Nothing special , was tidy. The disappointment was not being told the destination was changed in advance. My husband and I checked in early and was notified of the change in destination while standing in line to board. Not enough time to make a decision and the luggage had already been taken aboard. Too many sales pitches at the end of the treatments. I had overcharges on my sail and sign. I tried to dispute the last day upon getting my bill and the pursers desk was unhelpful. They told me they had to clear it with the department heads of each of the areas and no one was available. I waited 1/2 for her to keep calling the departments that had no answer. I was very frustrated with her attitude. Actually said to me that she would not credit my account for an internet package of $ 100 we DID not purchase until she spoke to my husband as if I was a child. (i'm 41). The blow dryer in our state room shorted out TWICE in my face. I ordered very expensive hair product from the beauty salon that was never delivered to my room but was charged to my account. The excursions were lame and not well planned. Overall a very disappointing cruise. Last time on this cruise line. I have sailed once before with Carnival and this is the last time.

Pros: getting off the boat

Cons: the change in the destination. We were suppose to go to Mexico and was rerouted to Canada and it was painful obvious not well planned. I was over charged on my account, could not get it corrected at the pursars desk before disembarkment.Staff was not attentive. Blow dryer shorted out in my face 2