Carnival Pride Cruise Review

I had sailed with Carnival in the past and had problems, but, this opened up a new door for me. The embarkation at Port Canavaral went smoothly and quickly, even though the lines to check-in seemed never-ending. If you are a handicapped traveler, BE PREPARED, you will have to park in the center of the parking lot and get a ride to the dock in one of the ports golf carts. Why they put the handicapped parking in the center of the lot as apposed to the front (as in most other parking lots) I couldn't understand. The immediate reaction to the ship was nothing short of amazing. It was easy to see that a lot of thought went into the building of this vessel. I had been on four cruises prior to this (2 on CCL, 1 on NCL and 1 on Celebrity) and this was the only ship that was very roomy wherever you went onboard. Our dining room staff, Sammy and Nok, at the Main Seating (Table 115) were VERY attentive. After the first night, they knew what beverages we drank and had them waiting for us as soon as we sat down. Even the rest of the staff (which was the sticking point in the past with CCL), had better attitudes. Key West was good (the transportation could have been air conditioned, though. Cozumel was EXCELLENT (you must do the Catamaran tour), but Belize was an unnecessary stop. Why Carnival made this a stop in the itinerary is beyond me. We did the snorkel tour (Goffs Cay) where we went to a private island that was smaller than my front yard and had no tables or chairs. They didn't even have towels to lend OR buy! I would have rather stayed in Cozumel one extra day or had an extra day at sea. The tour was a waste of money. The art onboard was definitely in question. Some was classy but there was too much nudity in some of the art that I had to explain to my 11-year-old niece WAS art. All in all, I would recommend this ship to all. It's easy to get around and the ship handles VERY well in rough waters. It was like the limosine of the seas. NO ROCKING even in rough waters! Even though the Captain changed the itinirary due to hurricane Isadore (we went to Freeport instead of Progresso/Merida), the cruise was one I would consider again. I would not recommend the "Baby Sitting Service" though. We put our niece in there the first night and took her out 1/2 hour later because the staff did nothing but stand around and talk to each other while the kids sat in front of computer screens not knowing what to do. Other than that, good work Carnival. Glad to see you're finally getting "ONBOARD"(so to speak) with the rest of the cruise industry.