Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

first time cruisers

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

for a first time cruise I wished I would have taken the print out that is provided on their web site with the cabins clearly marked on them so I could have found the state room. The room steward was great and got us whatever we needed to make our time on board pleasant. Too much walking to get to the food in the food courts. the shows we finally went to after finding the right place to go were very good, however you have to go through the casino and sometimes it was so smoky in there that you were coughing and your eyes were running to get through it. When they had a tourament or some card games it was so noisey with all the hollering and clapping I had to leave the room it was giving me a headache. Tv was a joke and they had two free movie channels, yeah right, Inkheart was playing when we got on Sunday and played till at least Wed. before they changed it, then on the other channel they had running ads for movies you could RENT? I told them why would I want to rent a movie when they are suppose to show them. We only got the news from Denver, Co. finally we couldn't dock in Freeport and had to stay on the ship and head home on Friday, they did take something off the bill for port taxes and the such, then treated us to a third channel with movies on it, the rest of the tv sucks, no clocks in the rooms either so you never knew what time it was. Finally on Friday because of the inpending snow storm on the east coast they put on a local weather channel and we could at least see what was going on. Tried to use cell phone but battery had to be recharged every two days and it kept going off, finally tried to make calls on Friday after finding out we would be in earier then figured, and they wouldn't go through, calls on the cell phone would have been $1.95 a minute, but wanted our ride to know what was going on. So I picked up the phone and asked service how to dial out and the guy said 800 numbers were free and a land line call to someone would cost $6.95 a minute I knew that and told him so and asked again how to call out, he repeated the $6.95 as if I wouldn't want to use the phone, I said it was worth $20 to me to make one phone call or did he want me to run home real fast and give our ride a tin can and a string so we could talk, finally he gave me the numbers to call out and then it was just plain busy all the time, never could make a phone call on that phone. Husband's wheelchair had to recharged several times to, I wonder what was taking all the juice out of the batteries and was it harmful to the traveler.

Pros: it was a nice first time experence, but the waves were making the ship rock too much.

Cons: Less rocking and less walking I would have loved to have a map when I got on board to show exactly where our state room was instead of walking for 45 minutes up and down the halls to find it,

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

Ship was very clean and they were up on top of things all the times, got tired of hearing the dishes hitting the floor when someone dropped them, and sometimes they just didn't clean the mess up till told by one of the people in white suits, Decor got boring after a few days too much 1800 art work, it is in the elevators and all over the place.
Had to eat in the food court all the time as they asigned us the late sitting in the dinning room after I was told I could have early sitting. 8 is too late for us to eat. The food was just food nothing to brag about but they did have some good desserts, by the time you got the cold food to your table on a very hot plate everything was cold, ice machine in the middle didn't work all the time on one side, I finally asked someone to refil the thing and he showed me there is a magnet that the tray sits against the back of the board and that makes the ice come out, so many people put up their glass to get some ice and had to go to the other ice machine. Pizza is good though. again you have to wait because most of it is fresh made when you order it as were the sandwiches and the hot dogs and burgers. Burger were a little well done at times. When we got on they had an ice cream bar and they had all the toppings for the ice cream that was the last day I saw that.
Really enjoyed the shows I made it to.
We had a handicap room on the outside with a balcony, nice and roomy, but they put the twin beds together to make one big bed, the door to the balcony was hard to open, and the heat was so hot the first too days we had to sleep with the door open so we could breathe, finally the last night of the 7 nights the heat wouldn't work in the room and we were treated to cold air all night, the sea was so rough we got sick and had to stay in bed a long time and the mattresses are like boards very hard. The room was clean and we were close to the elevators that made it easier once we found out which elevators to go up or down on to get to our room and we didn't get lost that way going and coming. I was told there was a mini bar in the room, but it never would keep my water cold, finally after complaining about the thing they said it is only an ICE CHEST! yet there was heat coming out the back of the thing. The door on the room is very heavy and hard to open at times.
Every one was so helpful of course there was a sight language barrier at times. But over all it they were all very helpful.