Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

Great Week!

Sail Date: February 01, 2006

I liked the layout of the ship. It was easy to navigate around and find our way.

Pros: I liked being on vacation.

Cons: The kids club.

My kids wanted nothing to do with the kids club. They said the activities "were lame." I agree with that! Their ages are 12 and 14. There wasn't much for them to do. My daughter was invited "by invitation" to a party at night that had a fee of $26. The invite said they were going to play hide and seek and capture the flag....why do these activities cost money???? If she wanted her brother to come it was an extra $14. It would have cost me $40 for them to go to the party. This was a complete rip-off! I was NOT going to pay any fee for activities that don't cost anything. Why should there be a fee for this? This did not make any sense to me. I really felt that they could have planned more fun stuff for the kids to do that didn't cost anything extra. What about just showing a movie and having popcorn? A talent show for the kids? Art projects for their age group? Board game competitions? The ideas are endless. This is an area that clearly needs to be improved.
The food was great, but we were a group of 10 and originally we were split up into 2 tables for dinner. This trip was planned 8 months ago and it was specifically requested that we wanted a table for 10! This took a while to iron out. It eventually worked out, but this should not have been a problem from day 1. Especially since this was requested so far in advance. I have another suggestion...why can't the dining room put the spoons inside the napkins with the fork and the knife? Why did the spoons have to be in a separate place? You get your food, you find a table, you take out your silveware and there's NO SPOON! Just put all 3 of them together. How hard is that? It just makes sense. You shouldn't have to get up again and walk over to where the spoons are. Just wrap them up with the fork and the knife together in the napkin!
There was NO hand soap in the bathroom of our room. Other than that, the room was very comfortable for the 4 of us. The beds were also comfortable, we slept very well.
There should have been more activities such as movie night. The live entertainment was enjoyable.
I have few suggestions....first of all people were slipping constantly on the surface around the pool. This was way too slippery. An elderly person would have a vary hard time trying to walk by the pool into the dining area without breaking their neck. If the floor wasn't slippery from the pool water or people dripping on it, then there was an employee who was mopping. I understand that they have to mop, but there really should be some sort of NON-STICK mat or something to reduce the chance of slipping and falling. This was a real problem.
We had a glass break in our room. So, we asked the cleaning lady who just happened to be in the hall to vaccuum for us when she could. She did it right there and then, and she wasn't even the person assgined to our room.