Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

My husband and I went on the Carnival Pride for our honeymoon. Figured, there's plenty to do on the ship, we can relax and just breathe a little. The activities were ok-trivia, bingo, typical stuff like that. And there was plenty of eating and drinking. I swear-if you go hungry on this ship, there is something not right with you. It got to the point where watching people eat everything they saw was disgusting. Drinks are pretty reasonable-but we're from NYC, so that's all relative-plenty of people were complaining about the price. There were TONS of groups-and people in groups are annoying. They're loud, drunk and just plain annoying.The Lido Deck-the buffet area, smelled REVOLTING. Ya know when you go into the cafeteria of a hospital or nursing home? Yeah, it was worse than that. The elevator banks smelled liked that too. We had fun in the ports of call-way too short, we learned our lesson-days at sea are not that fun. We got a lot of rest and had fun with eachother, but we will never plan a cruise, on this ship, or any other, again.

Pros: Freeport, Bahamas

Cons: The smell of the Lido deck

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

Ship was large, but once you walk around it a few times you go a little stir crazy. Decor was trying to be classy Italian renessaince, but it was just tacky.
Food in Normandie was great. Chocolate melting cake was awesome. Like I said above, I could barely go to Lido deck because of the smell.
Pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. Definitely get a balcony. Makes it much more roomy. Plenty of space. Everything you want from a glorified hotel room.
There is a mini golf course, that's kinda fun. The pools are tiny. Not that much to do, in my opinion. Although, my husband and I did play in a love and marraige show. We won a bottle of champagne and a couples foot/ankle massage. Don't do excursions! They are a rip off. Just take cabs or whatever to where you want to go. A staff member gave us some good tips for Freeport, so that was nice.
Staff was the best part of ship. The stateroom stewards were great! Love the towel animals. The Normandie staff were great. They new my husband's name and called me Mrs. 'his name' haha. The Lido deck staff weren't particularly helpful, but still pleasant. Two managers of the staff are from my husband's country so they bonded that way.