Birthday Celebration

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Pride
Nice vacation other then getting sick. Free Port was a complete waste of time. I'd cruise again just because Carnival goes out of their way to provide a fun time for everyone. I'd highly recommend the snorkel / catamaran trip in Nassau.

I found that they prepared a lot of "gourmet" food (things you wouldn't normally eat or have a desire to eat). The food that they did have was good just very few options to choose from. I also found that they seem to mass produce food with cheap ingredients. I normally love to eat caesar salads but the moment I tasted fish I never had another one. The food is good but don't expect to be feeling like it's the same quality you get from a home cooked meal.

The casino was alot of fun. I really had a great time in there.

Very friendly and very polite.

There was a lot of "artistic nudity" decor on the ship -- almost too much. It was quite tasteless at times... There's a huge 12x8 foot painting of a women pleasuring herself at one of the bars outside of the Normandy restaurant. If I was a little kid I might have asked some really bad questions. The ships overall design was OK... I never managed to get lost trying to find something. The cleanliness of the ship was up to par. There are only three resturants on the entire ship, which was a shame as it didn't really offer many options to choose from.

The cabin me and my passenger stayed in was like a one car garage... It wasn't anything to write home about. The room only had one electric outlet!!! I ended up having to buy a surge protector. The cabin also had a fan constantly running which blows "fresh" air into the cabin... this was annoying because it was either too cold or too hot or the air was too dry to breathe. I ended up getting a sinus infection from breathing in the air.

Pros: I really liked the ship Casino. It added a nice sense of adventure while on the ship.

Cons: Free Port, Bahamas was a complete waste of time.

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!