Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Miracle

Sail Date: July 31, 2009

What a wonderful vacation! The ship departed from Baltimore so no flights to catch or airport issues to deal with. Port Baltimore was easy to get in and out of and the staff there was organized and top-notch.

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

The ship was decorated beautifully, but the art contained pictures of naked men/women/cherubs. Fine for my family all older teens and adults, but could be an issue for families with younger children. Butterfly lounge was unique and the ship was very clean. I loved the warm, rich colors and the old world charm.
The food was great. The selection was varied and sophisticated (first time I ever had strawberry soup and I loved it!). They didn't have a midnight chocolate buffet however, and I always look forward to that on a cruise. My family ordered two entrees almost every night. They loved the selection.
The stateroom we had was on an upper floor with a balcony. Very clean and comfortable. Our towel creatures were GREAT and included a flying monkey that was hanging from the ceiling! Beds and shower were very comfortable and the balcony was nice size.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Disappointed a bit on this island, but it was probably my fault. Didn't book an excursion - just shopped at Port Lucaya. Heard it was a great market - cost $5 per person to get there by taxi each way. Our taxi driver was a very bad driver!! I was not impressed with the market. We did make a few purchases, but the place is nothing great. We did get to the casino right across the street and had fun there, then looked at the beach (which looked wonderful), but next time I would recommend a real excursion to a beach or snorkeling or such.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Didn't want to leave Half Moon Cay. White sandy beaches, plentiful food, lots of staff to assist, no problem finding beach chairs or space. The perfect island. I would go back there again in a minute
Grand Turk Island
The snorkeling at Grand Turk was the best I've ever seen. Many many color fish, huge beautiful reefs, and if you've ever cruised you know that the water is crystal clear.