Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Relaxing Week at Sea

Sail Date: April 11, 2009

This was the worst of my 5 cruises. It wasn't awful, but little details seemed to be lacking on this boat. The pool areas were small and there were times when there was so much trash on the decks, you had to clear things away to sit in a chair. Our waite staff was fair at best. I don't think they called me by name or even asked what my name was. We were refused entrance to the main dining room on a non-elegant night when my fiancee wore dress shorts. I had some jewelry taken out of the "locked" safe and then returned 3 days later.That was really weird. I knew going in that this was not the best itinerary, but the trip confimed it. The islands were just ok, nothing stood out as exceptional. Puerto Rico was probably my favorite of the three stops, but we were there so late 5PM to 12PM, you couldn't really get out and explore the island.

Pros: Having a balcony room

Cons: itinerary

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

The main dining room food was very good. The open cafe was good for breakfast and lunch but at night it was awful.
Several areas were a mess and the layout of the pool areas were small.
Best part of the ship. We had a balcony room and it was very spacious and comfortable.
I didn't feel anyone went out of their way to be friendly or helpful, but they weren't unfriendly. Where the heck was the cruise director? This is the first cruise where I only saw the director twice the entire week. He certainly didn't promote interaction with the quest.
Only average. I've seen alot better.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Pretty port, but the other side of the island is not that pretty. Coki beach was nice.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Went to the famous nude beach,Orient Beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Must see old town. Great architecture.