Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun, Fun, Fun

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

This was our first cruise, so I don't have anything to compare it with. Let me just say that I had very high expectations, and they were met. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Everyone was always smiling and seemed genuinely committed to you having a pleasant experience.

Pros: Friendly Service, Great Entertainment, & Tremendous Cleanliness

Cons: Weight Gain

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

The food was very good, but I wouldn't say it was the 5 star quality I was hoping for. We didn't eat at the upscale dinner club, which I did hear from all involved was a luxurious treat. The lobster at the dining room was fantastic, but the steak was average, as was the prime rib. The pizza was very good, as was the sandwich line (great pastrami). There were plenty of choices with the other buffet lines and everything I tried was good quality. Right at noon the lines were a bit of a problem, but what were you in a rush for?
Comfortable bed, nice balcony and the attendent was always close by, but never seemed to be in the way. She did a tremendous job of cleaning and it felt as though she changed the sheets almost daily. This was truly one of the strongest points.
I would have a hard time believing someone who criticized this crew. Either they have outrageous expectations, or they experienced someone who truly did not perform like the rest of the highly motivated, friendly crew.
The staff was always cleaning. Dirty dishes were picked up immediately and tables were cleaned and disinfected quickly. I liked the fact that you could traverse from one end of the other to the ship entirely indoors on the third level, or completely outdoors if you went on the 9th level. Bathrooms, bars, pools were well placed throughout the ship. The artwork on the ship was quite elegant. I heard some prudes complain about the amount of nudes, but come on folks it is art.
The comedy shows and hypnotist were my favorites, although the musical entertainment was entertaining (not great, but good) as well. I enjoyed the trivia and bingo as well.