Below average cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 11, 2007
Ship: Carnival Pride
We have been on 5 other cruises and 5 other cruise lines. This was one of the least expensive cruises we've been on however and I guess the phrase you get what you pay for applies. The food on the buffet was really sub-par. The dining room food was average, and the service at our table was poor. We often had to leave our room in the evening so they could come in and make up the beds. All in all, it was just not what we were used to from the other cruise lines. If you want cheap and have never cruised with other cruise lines before, you will probably be impressed.

All in all the food was not what I expect from a cruise. Our service was very slow.

They had several "adult only" programs at night. I have never seen anything presented at anytime on any other cruise line that was not appropriate for the whole family.

I was not impressed with the ship staff.

The ship is beautiful, but there is alot of questionable artwork if you are taking kids. They do keep it clean, however.

The one amenity I did enjoy was the down comforter on the bed.
Big city; expensive. Clean in the areas we visited. Traffic is incredible-wouldn't recommend driving.
We went fishing so didn't really see any of the town.
We did a trolley tour of the city. It was an eye opener for my son to see the street people asking for money. It is a poorer city; makes you appreciate USA. There is a marketplace downtown that has very good prices for souveniers. Again, streets are narrow and traffic terrible. Let someone else do the driving.

Pros: They have a 24 hr ice cream station.

Cons: staff, buffet food

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.