Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

A Great Time!

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

This ship is by far the nicest we have been on so far. The Renaissance decor of the ship is absolutely beautiful. From the murals on the walls to the huge statue of David in the Supper Club, it is all breathtaking. All of the choices for dining can make decisions a little difficult, but what the hey, enjoy it all! The Mermaid's Grille was much larger than the Lido deck grilles on other ships in Carnival's fleet, and offers many more choices, from Chinese, to Italian, a deli, salad bar, dessert bar, rotisserie, and of course, pizza!

Pros: The food, of course, and the staff

Cons: Nothing we didn't like

The layout of this ship made it very easy to get around, and it didn't feel overcrowded anywhere (except outside the dining room at dinner time - I don't get why people feel the need to stand in line for 10 minutes prior when you have reserved tables, but maybe that's just me!) I never saw the ship dirty anywhere, in fact, just about everywhere we went, someone was cleaning something.
What can I say, the food is always great on Carnival, and the Pride is no exception.
We did not have one bad experience with any of the staff. They were all friendly and willing to help with anything we might need. Our waitresses at dinner were superb! Very funny, and if our head waitress recommended something, she knew what she was talking about!
I have to say, the shows on this ship were not quite as good as we have seen on others. That's not to say they were bad, because they weren't. I think the "Carnival Legends" show at the end was the highlight. They took passengers and made them part of the show, it was hilarious!
We had a balcony stateroom for the first time, and what a difference! The room is supposedly the same size as the others, but it seems larger for some reason. Maybe it's the layout, I don't know. I have to say, I love the bedding Carnival is using now! So soft and comfy, if there weren't so much to do, I could snuggle in that duvet all day!