Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

So-So Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

This is my 7th Carnival cruise, and I was a little disappointed, especially since my husband and I had brought 4 family/friend couples with us; some of them on their first cruises. The room service was greatly lacking in that we had to call at least 3 mornings to find out where our food was when we had put the menu outside our door the night before with a clearly-stated time for delivery. I didn't care for the new prepaid gratuities deal, although it was easier in the long run, but I would have rather have paid these myself. The shows were okay; the comedians were so-so, except for Jerome and Hanky-Panky (the best ventriloquist I've every seen). The midnight buffet was very disappointing -- several of the items were made out of styrofoam rather than real food. The food on the Lido Deck was questionable -- better food in the dining room. The food in the dining room, although good, was nothing spectacular (we got better food on the Carnival Jubilee 16 years ago when we went to the Mexican Riviera on our honeymoon). We had to send a couple of plates back due to undercooking or overcooking. The best part of the cruise was the art auction, but we were constantly bombarded with "sales" pitches for various items. Next cruise will be back on Royal Caribbean, I think.

Pros: Ease of embarking in Long Beach; art auctions

Cons: Service, food, onboard activities

Decor was okay, but nothing spectacular to me.
Lido Deck was terrible (except for George's omelettes), and Aurora in the Piazza Cafe (who always had my coffee ready when I got there).
Very cramped for an interior cabin, and we were put right next door to the Fun Club, which was extremely noisy every night.
Except for a limited few that we had contact with, the crew was just so-so. We did get good service from the Purser's office when we called with problems with the noise of the Fun Club.
Dancers/singers were good; comedians (except for Jerome and Hanky-Panky) were average.