Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

Ready to Cruise again!!!!

Sail Date: September 24, 2006

Ok, here I go. We were on the Carnival Pride for the 7 night cruise to the Mexican Riveria! This was my girlfriend and my first cruise, so we were a little unsure of what to expect. First of all...Bring Gym clothes!!! The food is so good, and so much of it, that if you get carried away, you can easily put on the pounds, even after only 7 days. Speaking of the gym, it was great.. eliptical machines, treadmills, nautilus machines, and some free weight dumb bells. The ship is well maintained and very clean. The ship staff is helpfull, but I would just say I felt the service was good, not great. Not too mention there were a few staff members in sales positions that I felt were kind of shaddy, and gave me and my girlfriend the creeps. Anyway, if you want to get away, and see different ports, and know that at the end of the day that you are going to have a wonderful meal, and return to the safety of the ship, this is how we felt. After seeing some of the ports of call, I am glad that we cruised, I would have been upset if I would have stayed at some resorts in a couple of ports. I do have to say that the last stop, Cabo was the nicest, I wish we would have had more time here!!! the shore excursions were ok, I would not say great, a little expensive, and that is one other point about cruising, there are several expenses if you endulge, Shore excursions, pictures on ship, tipping at ports of call but to name a few. Please don't get me wrong, we loved the cruise, in fact while we were on the cruise, I proposed to my girlfriend, and we were already planning our honeymoon cruise. Overall, I have to say that I would do this again, the ship was great, the view was specatcular, and having no worries was the best of all!!!

Pros: Dinning, and being pampered

The FOOD........ All I can say is that the food was top notch, everything was fresh, and with a gourmet flair. One night we ate at Davids Supper club, a litte extra, 30.00 per person, but you have to realize, this 7 course meal would be well over 200.00 if you were to eat at Mortons, and it was better. The atmosphere, and the staff were excellent, no waiting for anything, I highly recomend this experience!!
We had a balcony, and this is the only way to go. Early morning room service breakfast with a hot cuo of coffee, and lloking out to the sea was absolute heaven! The room was easy to store bagggage, and personal items without feeling too cluttered considering we needed enough things to last 7 days. The stateroom staff were always on top of fresh towels, and had the room super comforatble
I would not really say that the staff went above my normal expectations. This was my first cruise, and I have heard from other family members and friends on what to expect, and I would have to say that I was a little let down on this, but it was still well worth it!!
The ship was very clean, and very spacious. We were on this cruise with my family, and very seldom bumped into each other. The renisance decor was fabulous, and felt very high class. The Pride was easily navagatable after a little getting used to where things were.
The comedy shows were good, some of the other entertainment, really was ok, not great, but this is gearded to personal tastes. On the website it showed an excursion for the Long Beach area, which to our suprise, they did not so this was a dissapointment, the staff said that they get a lot of Californians on ship, so they drive home after the cruise, so they seldom offer the costal highlights excursion! :(
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I would have loved to spend more time here. The water was fabulous, the views to match. Sitting in a cantina have a couple of Coronas is how I want to remember this port. The people were so friendly, and the market at the pier was very good.
Mazatlan, Mexico
I have to say this was my least favorite port. Several people begging for money, we did the shopping lunch at resort excursion, which was nice, and we felt safe in the pool of the resort. The buffet was nice, and it came with 2 free drinks.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
we never saw the city at this port, we did back to back excursions, we did the dolphin snorkle and beach adventure. No dolphins, the snorkle, was off a boat, no kayak, but the beach was splendid. The next was the Pirate Party Boat! It lives up to the name, and if you want to party, this should be on your list.