Okay...

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Paradise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 04, 2018

Ship: Carnival Paradise

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: M259

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

We dined at Elation for dinner and breakfast, both Joyce and Adam were amazing! Always made our dinning experience a pleasure! Ana at Guest Relations/Service needs to do better with following through on her words, the one lady at the Excursion desk. Is extremely rude, needs to work on customer service.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Elation Dining Room

Although it's not as clean as I would like...I had a great time dinning here due to Joyce and Adam! Those two were beyond amazing!

America Piano Bar

Ordered a Pina Colada that had hair in it, bartender never apologized. Seemed bothered when I returned the drink.

Guest Services / Shore Excursions

Ana never sent complimentary chocolate covered strawberries to our cabin due to mishaps we encountered upon arrival, wet carpet and dirty bedsheets. The one lady at shore excursions was extremely rude, when I asked her a question in regards to time and location. She looked bothered, she replied look at your ticket all of your information is there

Serenity Adult-Only Retreat

So my husband and I came here to escape the crowd at the main pool, only to find out there is no pool! Just two hot tubs, ridiculous.

Pool

Omg! Over crowded and small! They need to expand the pool or add more! The ship has enough space to add another pool!

Photo Gallery

I loved the fact how we could download the Carnival Hubb app and view all your on board pics! The whole purchasing process was great, what I did not like was the fact you had to download your purchase pics before you leave the ship. It's not something you could do at home, even though you downloaded the Carnival Hubb app. This app only works on the ship, I found out the hard way. I purchased my pics and viewed them through the app, and later on I wanted to download my purchase pics through my phone but couldn't due to the fact that I was no longer on the ship. Thank God I was down the street when I noticed this, my husband drove back to the ships port and we sat in the parking lot in order to use the Carnival Hubb app to download our purchased pics to my phone.

Internet Cafe

I paid for internet only for it to freeze on me throughout my whole stay! Horrible! Extremely SLOW! Not worth the money. Keep in mind, only one device can be connected to the internet as well, which I thought was extremely ridiculous. As I had 2 kids with me that had tablets.

Upon arriving to my room, my carpet was wet. Also on one of the bunk beds, the sheets were dirty. At the Piano bar, I ordered a Pina Colada which was given to me with hair. I returned it and requested another one, I never received an apology. Bartender simply took the drink back and looked bothered as if he expected for me to keep the drink and pick the hair out. Guest Relations/service, offered me complimentary chocolate covered strawberries due to our room mishaps. Needless to say I'm home now, those strawberries never made it to our Stateroom, even after I reminded them 3 times about it. Mugs, glasses, cups, and napkins throughout the different eating places were not clean. Dirty spots were found on them.

Throughout our stay our bedsheets and pillow cases were never changed, the beds were made everyday and trash emptied out. AC worked off and on, one min it's too hot another min it's too cold. Extra bedding was stored underneath the bed.

Ship tip

I actually thought the entertainment was boring, I've sailed with other Carnival Ships in the past and had an amazing time.

Ports of call