Better then expected!!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 06, 2015
Ship: Carnival Paradise
Cabin Number: M177

We signed up for this cruise because our daughter and family (3 teenagers) wanted both my husband and I to sign-up and go with them....make it a Family thing!!!!  It was cost effective for the 5 days.  Everyone had a great time.  It was the first cruise for them, so they were very excited.

The food was very good, not excellent. The service staff was excellent as well as our table mates. None of us (7) liked our brunch in the dining room. Appeared to be what was left over from last night dinner. Not good!

The activities were geared towards the young adult bar scene for the most part. Being a small ship, there was not much choice in the evening other then the bars.

The theatre shows were average. The dancers were good, but only did one show. The rest was just game show type entertainment. Very comfortable and beautiful theatre.

Our room steward was the best and also the dining staff. All were super friendly and helpful. The best of all our cruises!!

This is Carnivals oldest ship. It was clean but dated. I would have liked more hand sanitizing units place around the ship, not just at the restaurants.

We should have booked a balcony, but none were available. Our room was spare....no frig or chair. Only 2 beds (into a king), a vanity with a stool. The bed was super comfortable - very cozy!! Loved it! Always a great nights sleep and that is important. Nice shower that sometimes had a temperature problem, but otherwise nice and clean. For a 5 night trip, it was just fine....that bed made it worthwhile. :-)
While my family did the stingray/snorkel trip (which they LOVED), I did the turtle farm which I signed-up through CruisesOnly. Loved it.....very interesting. Great guide from Capt. Marvin's tours.
Since I had already done the stingray & dolphin on previous trips, I did the tour of the island. We had a stop at the chocolate shop and tequila shop. We also stopped at the beach. Great tour guide......3 1/2 hours!!