Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A Fun Family Cruise!

Sail Date: April 01, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was smaller than the one I had cruised on previously. The dcor was dated\, but still nice. The room was perfectly fine for a family of four and I liked how the beds pulled down from the wall. The bathroom was fine\, too.

Pros: Dining Hall\, Carnival Kid's Club\, Family Comedy Shows\, Bingo

Cons: Lido Deck\, Smoking Areas

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Some of the bathrooms were nicer than others. I noticed in our state room that we would need to pour some water down the toilet to get it to flush all the way. The toilets were like airplane toilets.
I only ate in the dining hall and the food was very comparable to what you would find in a restaurant like Outback Steakhouse or Olive Garden. It wasn't the fanciest and sometimes we didn't like our food\, but it was usually average to very good.
I was absolutely fine in our state room. I just wish it had a curtain for privacy. I had to get dressed in front of my boys because I didn't want to get dressed in the bathroom.
Most of the staff was great. I would give this 5-stars except for some of the breakfast staff in the dining hall that were very crabby.
I think they could use a few more choices of activities. We went to bed early\, but would have liked to have seen more after dinner shows and more afternoon activities for when the Carnival Kids Club was closed\, which was usually 2-3 hours each day.
My sons (age 8 & 10) LOVED the Carnival Kid's Club. They always had something to do as long as it was in session. They even had a dodge ball event one afternoon that I think was the highlight of my boys' trip. They got to go play miniature golf\, but swimming was off limits\, which I liked. Besides\, the pool on the LIDO deck was overcrowded and dirty. There were lots of bugs in the pool and no lifeguards on duty.