Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A very mixed bag of good and not so good

Sail Date: January 01, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The Carnival Paradise is an older ship. If you like nostalgia this is a throwback to the 80' and 90's in decor. It is very clean\, with some notable exceptions\, but you can see the ships age in many places. Also\, it is the largest ship that can go out of Tampa. It just barely makes it under the Skyway Bridge. Still... It felt small to me... if you have been on any of the Oasis class ships.

Pros: The service at dinner

Cons: The constant feeling that everything they did was to get more money from me

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

With the exception of feeling like it was a timeshare sale and that everything from Spa\, to photography\, to art\, to jewelry that was presented as \"an activity\" was really a sales pitch to a captured audience. The Dance team and Comedy were excellent... We learned to stay away from anything that could include pitching me to buy. I went on vacation to get away from that... But here it showed everywhere. More or less it ruined some of our time on the ship.
Two bad experiences which were really the exception to the rule stood out for us\, but the rest of the time it was a group of people who made you feel that they cared about your good time on your vacation. We had a waiter that got up on the wrong side of the bed and had no patience with my girlfriends rudimentary English and on disembarkation when I had a problem I tried to grab someone to help me and he CLEARLY pretended not to hear me so when I followed him to get an answer\, he more or less made it clear that he wanted me to go away and ignored my problem completely.
Small.... Nothing else to say. We had a Jr Suite and were very surprised as we had stayed in suites before and they are not so small. Definitely not worth the money to upgrade to a Jr Suite.... It isn't much more than an Ocean View Balcony
The food was not exceptionally memorable\, nor was it bad in any way either\, however\, the wait staff we had were completely exceptional and the highlight of the cruise. They were awesome in every way.
The staff were always cleaning the ship... All the time... and nothing was left on a table for any amount of time. The bathrooms on the pool deck were dirty however\, and they were not being maintained. Also\, one of the two elevators in the atrium were out the entire cruise and a few times we came across... \"Out of Order\" signs.