Fun, but don't expect too much.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: August 05, 2013
Ship: Carnival Paradise
First of all, let me say that this was a fun cruise. I had a good time. But in all honesty it was average compared to other cruises. As people have already stated in other reviews, the food was OK. Nothing is special except the warm melting cake in the dining room. The food on the Lido Deck is just bland and cold. The breakfast consists of very powdered eggs, greasy limp bacon and cold oatmeal with a few other bland items thrown in. But it was edible. I didn't die from it!

The entertainment was decent. One night was a country theme which isn't exactly my cup of tea but it was somewhat entertaining. The main two singers are just OK. I would like to have heard others sing, too. The comedians were terrible, just terrible. I have been on ships that had their lounges packed. But not these. People got up and left and the room was about half full or less.

But there were plenty of activities on board, which was nice. There were very few times when there wasn't SOMETHING going on. The lady in the piano bar played well but shouldn't sing. She REALLY shouldn't sing. I wish there had been less hip hop music and more 70s, 80s, 90s music. Some of all is nice but it was almost totally hip hop in the dance venues with the exception of one hour of 70s music that was awesome!

I have absolutely no complaint about the cabin staff. Everything was perfect there.

The wait staff was nice but not that Johnny-on-the-Spot. Our food was cold sometimes. They would forget about our drinks or just take a very long time. They tried to make up for it by flirting with the women though....

One part of the cruise was just awful. Trying to reboard the ship at Grand Cayman was a terrible experience. You had to stand in line in the hot sun on concrete for about 30-45 minutes. It was miserable. There needs to be a faster way.

It sounds like I am complaining a lot but I really did have a good time. These are just areas that could improve.

Lots of games, trivia, karaoke

They must have been good. I rarely saw kids, which is a good thing!