Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Enjoyable time

Sail Date: September 17, 2012

This was my first cruise. My partner has severe arthritis and had great difficulty getting in and out of the pool using the ladder. Since it was our first, we weren't always sure what to do and this was awkward. By day 2, we felt more comfortable. The ship was very clean. A bit disappointed fine dining did not include better china or centerpieces. All workers were friendly and helpful. At the buffet, tables waited to be bussed for a very long time. Food averaged from good to excellent. Would have liked to see a sightseeing excursion offered at each port. My partner had difficulty walking a long way and a tour bus/van trip would have been interesting for us. We enjoyed shopping.

Pros: The price was right. I especially enjoyed being out at sea\, the live bands and choices in fine dining. The buffet was great too. I ate a lot of chocolate yogurt! My oceanview cabin was a treat. Looking out the window was a something I will do again. The bedding was very comfortable. Nice cabin.

Cons: The Lido Deck was always very loud. The music seemed to be extra loud. I enjoy alcohol but\, felt there were way too many drunk people aboard. In fine dining\, I got stuck with a very boring couple which made dinner less fun. Would have preferred open seating.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Decor was lacking. I find Vegas Style decor gaudy. As I said\, centerpieces for fine dining would have been nice as well as better china. The ship was very clean with the exception of tables being bussed late.
Flameless candles might be a nice option. They last a long time and are not a fire hazard.
I enjoyed two bands on the 5 day cruise. The rest were one man bands and were average to good performers.