Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I wouldn't call it Paradise, but.....

Sail Date: September 17, 2012

Overall, it was an okay trip. I have heard much better things about other cruise lines. But our issue was money. We don't have the money for the more expensive lines, so we got what we paid for. I recommend it if you're on a budget.

Pros: Dining and Grand Cayman

Cons: Pool size and Cozumel

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Decor was dated. The pool was teeny tiny and barely big enough for one family\, let alone a whole ship. Very disappointed there. Everything was kept clean\, though.
Food was great....best part of the cruise
Very clean\, not too small\, shower was awful...no water pressure\, but the kids' cabin next door was considerably better...go figure. Decor over the whole ship was dated.
Ship staff were great. Our room steward made a point to get to know us. Our dinner waiter and assistant were wonderful!
I would've liked to see more shows on the ship. Grand Cayman was very nice\, Cozumel not so much. It was a little scary and dirty. Stay in the port or do an excursion through the cruise line.
The activities seemed to be a lot of video games and late night parties. For parents that don't stay out late themselves\, this didn't work. Also\, my 11 year old wouldn't have been able to participate with her older brothers (12 and 14)....no flexibility with age groups and siblings. So we did not utilize the kids' program.