Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Alright for first time cruisers

Sail Date: May 05, 2012

This was my first cruise ever, so I went in with really no expectactions except what others had told me about their experiences, and to be honest, even as a first time cruiser I was not overly impressed. The ship itself was fine, stateroom was larger than I expected and we had phenomenal customer service throughout the ship. But we more than once found ourselves wandering around the ship bored and looking for something to do and went to bed at 10:30 two nights! The ports were SO STUPID (Cozumel and Grand Cayman -- GC especially), the activities on board were SO STUPID (ping pong tournament, card games, underimpressive shows with the same theme both nights so they didn't have to get new costumes, etc....) and the food (which was totally the reason we wanted to cruise in the first place) was not that impressive either. Also worth noting: our pool was empty more than it was full on the cruise because people kept vomiting in it and they had to drain it and rechlorinate it before they could eventually open it back up again! And it was TINY so when you finally did have a chance to get in the pool it was literally a sardine can and you were shoulder to shoulder with other people. Since returning, I've heard things like "that's not surprising" and "sounds like our first cruise too, try Royal Carribbean next time" SEVERAL times. That is without a doubt what I will do.

Pros: good size staterooms, great customer service

Cons: found ourselves wandering around bored at least twice, food wasn't overly impressive, stupid activities (ping pong tournament? really?)

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

Poor variety, poor quality, hardly any specialty options. I was so excited about the "sushi bar" -- unless I missed something, it was at the end of the buffet line and had two kinds of rolls.
AWFUL
No complaints here.
Very clean but in two seperate public restrooms they were out of soap and/or paper towels two seperate times each.
Couldn't understand most of the staff, but I imagine that's pretty typical for cruise lines who hire lots of international staff. Overall they were helpful and courteous with only a few exeptions.