Paradise?! Many think not!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Paradise
Our stateroom was unclean on arrival, hair in the shower and other places of previous guests, one dirty bathrobe and one clean one(?), previous guests had written something on the bathroom mirror. We asked our room steward to attend to these items with no resolve.
The food was lacking and bland, the buffets had a usual forty minute wait on them most of the day. The dinning room service was excellent but again the quality of food was buffet-level.
This was one of our few kidless vacations, to find all the ships pools occupied by people with diapers was very disappointing. The kiddy pools with trainer swim diapers and the adult deck hot tubs by seniors in 'depends'. there was just no winning. the adult deck had approx. 20 lounge chairs for about 300 adults, this location gets camped early on sailing days and are occupied all day.
We were planning a cruise with carnival in November with a group of 18, after this experience with the cruise line we are shopping around.

There is a quantity of food, it's all bland. I had to squeeze a lemon in souffle, to get it to taste like something, anything.

The muster/emergency meeting was abbreviated and unclear. I think the general point was to find out who you were supposed to climb over in a catastrophe.

Even after complaining about the filth in our room, it was never addressed.

This ship is small, not many amenities for the 2000 guests to use on sailing days without a lengthy wait. I felt like I was trapped in an amusement park, always standing on line for a long time for a very short period of satisfaction.

I am used to cramped places so the size is a non issue, my issue is the cleanliness. It was never clean, the towel animals are a distraction so you never notice the grime.

Pros: leaving the ship.

Cons: the ship.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.