Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not worth the $. Just got off on 2/15/12

Sail Date: February 01, 2012

This is an older ship. The rooms don't have a couch like the others do and there is a life jacket cubicle infront of the bed, so the person who has to sleep near the window has to crawl over the other person to get to their side of the bed. It was made difficult since I have a bad back and my husband had to sleep near the outlet since he had a C-PAP machine. If I had known that about the room, I wouldn't have booked this ship, or I would have booked a suite as there are no balconies.

Have the tips for the waiter and Cabin Steward removed from your sail and sign card, and that way you can give what you want as a tip and not what they listed. They suggest $57.50 for each, I gave the cabin steward less as he was adaquate and never around.

Pros: Free drinks for return guests at the return guests gathering and at the farewell party.

Cons: The broken elevator, not being told that there is a life jacket box infront of the bed and that the person near the window has to crawl over the other person to get to their side of the bed

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

The cabin steward never brought us toothpaste if we ran out, never replaced ther drinking glasses. Room was smaller than expected. See my comment above
It was a nice ship considering it is an older one. Smaller casino, decor was nice, like the Elation dining room, for the most part it was a clean ship. The layout is strange, to get to the Lido deck (10), you have to go to deck 9, get off by the casino, take a right and go up the stairs and out the door. Took me the whole cruise to find the correct elevator to get to my room.
The food wasn't great, it was edible. I had the lobster 1 night and it was so salty that they brought me another and that too was salty. I live in New England and I know a thing about lobster, it shouldn't be salty at all. Buffet breakfasts always the same on all ships. had breakfast in the dining room twice and you get small portions, although I did like the bagel, cream cheese and LOX. We did the Dine your own time which was nice as there was no wait. Did like the waiter, Noel, he was a hoot.
Most of the shows, activities never started on time like BINGO, it was always started more than 30 minutes from scheduled time. Saw the last show which was good. Too many poles in the way. Can't see from the 2nd level of the theater. Shore excursions were good.
They were OK. I compalined about the elevator being broken and about the room. They sent me up a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to make up for the complaints.