Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: October 10, 2011

I have been on cruises previously with different cruise lines. I was disappointed on this ship. Most of the staff was pleasant enough. The hostess in the Elation Restaurant was rude not once but twice!!! Prior to sailing I requested a change to my dining time so that we could have dinner with our friends that we traveled with from Phoenix. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess told me that my reservations were for the Destiny dining. I explained that I had requested a change on line and was waitlisted. I then explained that our friends were already seated and I could see them from where I was. I pointed out my friends to her and she just turned away!!! Finally, I walked away and went to Destiny. The next morning, a slip of paper was slid under my cabin door saying that they were unable to change my dining time.
The next morning, we met ,eeting our friends at the same restaurant for breakfast. we arrived 10 minutes early, I asked the hostess if I could be seated or if I had to wait until they arrived. I did not mind waiting as is customary in many restaurants to wait until the entire party has arrived. She said they normally would not seat until all arrived and then took me to be seated! Ha! why the comment??? Just take me to my seat! then when my friends arrived, they asked if I was there yet....they were told feel free to look around. This is not exactly they type of service that I expect!!!!!
On the other cruise lines that I have sailed on, there were so many activities going on, I did not have time to do them all. This trip, I was a bit bored with the selection of things to do especially when you are at sea for an entire day!
The sad part is that a friend that traveled with me on this cruise had never been on a cruise before and was also, very disappointed. Probably will never take another cruise because of this experience.

Pros: When we were actaully sailing

Cons: the hostess in the elation restaurant at dinner time

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

The best part about the buffet was the salad bar! More vegetable and pastas should be added to the daily buffets. The fried food buttet was great if all you want is burgers and fries for the entire four days!