Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Cheap Party Cruise to Mexico

Sail Date: June 10, 2011

I have a two year old that even though they have a child care service - there are too many people and too many things going on at once on the ship i wouldn't feel safe. For adults and teens i think its a solid ship with multiple events during the entire day. Comedy show was good.

Pros: We were lucky and got Mel (food) and Aim (room) to make our trip special. Served its purpose of enjoying some time away from the daily work grind at a good price.

Cons: Dinner was always luke warm even though we were the first dinner and usually the first to show up... not sure how that worked out? Ship has seen better days even though its still in good shape. A lot more new ships out there this not being one of them.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Great desert, but cold dinners... lobster was solid though!
Comedy (adult)
I would say the oceanview room we purchased was worth the few extra dollars... being able to see out into the ocean was amazing.
I would rate excellent just because the staff we were lucky enough to have during the whole trip for dinner and our room. We ran into a lot of staff that just passed us onto someone else instead of finding us a answer to questions or assistance.
Ensenada, Mexico
We took the extra trip to the Blow hole ... it was only $15.00 after saving $5. from a coupon we got on the shuttle. I think the ship sells the same package with the same people for $25. The drive was about 25 minutes, bumpy and a little scary with driver turning fast on the curves up the mountain. I felt safe being in Mexico and Ensenada before, but you could tell when we left the harbor or port and started our journey deeper people were a little nervous. I think it was amazing to see the blowhole in the ocean/cliffs, but the vendors at those stores sell the same things as in the little part of stores right next to the docks - so dont go there just for shopping.
Don't Miss: Papas and Beer - but be warned... be prepared...