Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

4 -day cruise from Long Beach to Mexico

Sail Date: May 16, 2011

I booked this cruise as my first cruise and my honeymoon cruise. We got a port hole room all the way at the front of the ship. The room was nice, and the hotel staff was very friendly and quick to clean our room. Something to note is that when the ship is trying to dock expect alot of noise as the thrusters and anchors go up and down and make a lot of noise. From the other people we talked to you can hear this stuff no matter where your at on the boat but it happens around 6:30am in the morning when your docking so be prepared. My wife though the boat was really small overall, but I liked that fact that I didn't have to walk a mile to get places. This had its disadvantages when it came to the pool. Half the pool is sectioned off for the slide and the other half is about twice the size of the hot tubs. So you really can't swim. Also the pool is salt water and freezing cold so if you plan on swimming don't.

The food was okay. Nothing really jumped out at me at all. I would say it was about what I expect from a 10-15 dollar an item restaurant that is okay. The deserts were one thing I found were of poor quality. The first dinner night I ordered key lime pie. This key lime pie tasted nothing like key lime or lime at all. The cake was good but when I order key lime pie I expect the taste of lime a little bit at least. The new york cheese cake was also very bland. The chocolate cake you can order from room service is good but I got two different kinds when I ordered it so the quality could vary a lot.

What I like most about the cruise was the entertainment on board and all the people we met. I like the assigned seating for dinner because we really got to know our table mates. The shows one country and one 40-70's classic rock were surpisingly good. Also the comedians did a good job.

Pros: The destinations and entertainment

Cons: food was okay and the pool is tiny!!

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Ensenada, Mexico
The flea market is full of cheap chinese stuff, so haggle like crazy to get better deals. Don't believe a word any of them say.