Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun Cruise, not alot of sleep!

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

the ship was very clean, the staff was nice and accomadating

Pros: Service, activities

Cons: room

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Very poor! We were guaranteed a two catagory upgrade when I booked the cruise online at cruise outlet. When we arrived at the ship I talked to carnivals customer service and they told me that we were not upgraded and that the ship was full so they could not help us. We were at the bottom Riviera in room R-1 the first room where the anchor comes out and shakes and rattles the room from 5am to after 6am. I came on the cruise to relax and sleep since my job is very trying. I did not get much sleep and it has taken two days to recover since two out of the three days I was woken up by the anchor coming out rattling and shaking our room for over an hour. My son was so frightened as we were not told this was going to happen. I would not have gone if I knew! I called cruise outlet to let them know and had a horrible experience with their customer service rep who told me that upgrade was only good if I called in, very poor customer service by cruise outlet.
Ensenada, Mexico
we went on an alternate tour not provided by carnival saw the blow hole did the shopping had a tour of the city and rode horses on the beach all for $27, very fun!