Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Not a great one

Sail Date: March 28, 2008

I have been on two other cruises- Royal Caribbean (3 night Mexico) and Norwegian Cruise Lines (5 night Mexican Riviera)- both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I expected to be equally pleased with this Carnival cruise. But I was VERY disappointed. Generally speaking, it was painfully obvious the crew was not a happy bunch (not something I observed the past cruises). The ship facilities were horrible. There were only two restaurants on board- and we were given no choice as to where and with whom to sit with. The food served at the restaurants was not bad. But with the buffet restaurant there really should have been more of a selection. We found that the only thing available at certain times was the pizza bar. Room service was offered 24 hours but the food was terrible. As far as entertainment, the comedy show was NOT funny, and the variety show was quite boring. Given that it was "spring break" time, there were a lot of raucous teenagers on board- making this trip not at all relaxing, but more noisy and annoying. Also, I do not get seasick but on this particular cruise I was nauseous for much of the trip (possibly due to choppy waters)- but not good nonetheless. I will NEVER cruise with Carnival again... though I did hear from another passenger that the longer cruises with Carnival (5 nighters) are much better... we shall see... but I am NOT happy with this trip at all.

Pros: Quick and easy embarkation and debarkation

Cons: Everything else about the cruise- the crew, ship facilities, entertainment, food, etc.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.