Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Good times

Sail Date: July 14, 2006

This was my first cruise. Being a new experience it was very much a learning experience. I think the advantage of a travel agent is the "what to be ready for" advantage. The ship was great and we only attended one of the dinners. I think Carnival being a little more geared towards familes may have impacted our trip some but we stayed to ourselves pretty well and enjoyed our time.
The ability to dine pretty much whenever you wanted was great. Careful of the time in between meals as they take away some of the food so selection is slim and lines are a bit long. The choices they gave you were awesome for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is a toss up. Pretty much the same stuff each time with the only changing item being waffles pancakes and omelettes.Alcoholic beverages were averagely priced for a typical bar so no surprises there. Although watch out for those souvinier cups.
The pools were smaller and a bit overcrowded with kids. They had a cool looking slide but again crowded with kids. All the more fun for them but maybe not so much for the older crowd. The whirlpools were nice and strong although a bit under heated for my tastses.. They had 4 total, 2 on the main deck (deck 10) and 2 in the back on deck 11. They closed the ones in back too early i think at about 8pm. I think whirlpools should be going till midnight. The ones on the main deck were open late and always crowded.
We didnt do too much in Ensenada except shop a little bit so its not worth really mentioning here.
I thought the rooms were pretty well done in terms of space and comfortability. We had the porthole room and it was wht it was to be expected of a room with portholes. The stewards were great in meeting all of our requests.
Sail and sign is awesome. Dont have to carry anything with you except a towel and your shorts ( for us guys). LIttle worried about the security of it all but it seems to be a working product and service so im not gonna try to fix what they seem to think works.
Overall a great trip to relax and do basically nothing and everything. We saw one show and it was okay but maybe im not as interested as some are with shows.
I thought that the poker tables were a little high stakes considering the popularity of the game. 4/8 blinds and 5/10 is a little steep for us middle class earners .. =)
Otherwise again an awesome trip for a first time cruiser and looking to possibly make room for a 7 day carribbean one in the future.

Pros: I could eat whenever i wanted to