Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

"My daughter's wedding and our cruise"

Sail Date: May 12, 2006

Room Type: Suite

We recently sailed on the Carnival Paradise for the first time. In fact it was our first cruise ever. My daughter and her fiance were married on the ship before we sailed. We did have to wait for a long time before boarding because the ship still had people disembarking, but it was worth the wait. The wedding was beautiful, the wedding co-ordinators were wonderful and helpful. Everyone present had a great time at the wedding and the reception. During the cruise my sons used the pool, but like the spa the best. They also had a great time exploring the ship. They found many activities to do that kept them busy. We also enjoyed our dinners at the Destiny dining room. The meals and service were exceptional. We also ate at the Paris buffet for breakfast and lunch. There was plenty to eat and the food was very good. Our stateroom was big, beautiful and cozy. I really liked having our own private balcony and the jetted tub in the bathroom. We had lots of storage, the walk-in closet was really nice, which made it easy to unpack and felt like there was a place for everything. Overall we have to say the ship was really impressive and the staff was outstanding..

Pros: The crew was polite, funny and helpful.

Cons: Didn't want the cruise to end.

Ensenada, Mexico
We took a tour to the flee market and the blowhole. Although it was fun, we felt pressured by the merchants there. I'm sure it's because they wanted to sell their goods, but I like to look around and not be followed and constantly asked to buy something. Although, we were impressed by the local artists there that paint with their fingers and fingernails. We did buy a few paintings from them.
Don't Miss: The ride to the flee market was interesting and the blowhole was a site to see!
Ensenada, Mexico