Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

I must admit I took this cruise only because the date and price were "tailor-made" for my budget, but after having learned all the particulars of the ship, we were more than delighted that we had chosen a SMOKE-FREE SHIP. Yes, I am one of those pain in the ?????? reformed smokers who now can't stand cigarette stench. Even though most places that advertize a no smoking environment, still have those few customers who will ignore the no smoke signs and lit up anyway. This ship really enforced the no smoking rule and not one time did I see or smell any hint of smoking during the entire cruise. I loved that and it made for a wonderful smoke-free vacation. The food was OK....plentiful, but sort of bland in taste compared to other cruises that we've taken. Midnight buffets did not have the glitz and glamour that I'm use to on other cruises ...except for the last night of the cruise when they did "put on the ritz!"Entertainment was good. Mostly enjoyed the "passenger night" show best of all though. Staff and service was excellent. The passbook and tote bag offered by the cruise company was a rip off though...not worth the money. You'll do better making your own deals at ports of call. DO GO to the ship orientations though, you will benefit from the information that they have for you. Can't wait to book another!!!