Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

In May, 1999, my husband and I and our 19-year-old son sailed on the Paradise's Eastern Caribbean cruise. What a wonderful experience for our first cruise! Embarkation was very easy and efficient. I was in a wheelchair and accessibility was good. Our cabin was large enough to accommodate the three of us. Everything in the cabin was clean and well-organized.We ate in the Elation dining room, and the food was excellent. It was great to be able to choose something we've never eaten, and if for some reason didn't like it, we could choose something else! The quality and choices were excellent! The entertainment was good. We enjoyed all the shows we went to. The staff were just fantastic! From our cabin steward, Camillo, to our waiter, Hippoli, to our busboy, Leroy, we were treated like royalty in our eyes. Our family enoys a great sense of humor, and once our staff realized that, joined in with our joking and fun! They quickly learned our likes/dislikes and remembered them at all times. It was a wonderful experience to get to know them: where they were from, about their families, and what the countries were like where they were from.The pursar's office staff were also very pleasant and eager to help when my husband lost his room key.It was difficult to say goodbye to our staff, as we got to know them so well, and they truly added to our wonderful experience.Our son enjoyed the cruise so much that late one night, he told me that he'd honeymoon on a cruise someday. He is getting married this August, and they are taking a cruise on their honeymoon!And, before I forget, the smoke-free atmosphere was absolutely great! My husband and I quit smoking 19 years ago, and we enjoyed the fresh, clean air!We WILL take another cruise some day....no doubt about that!