Great value for our first cruise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: December 01, 2009
My wife and I purchased this cruise in March '09 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. This was our first cruise, so our expectations were mixed. The service on the Carnival cruise was superb, with most everyone being authentic and friendly. The wait staff, cabin steward and casino dealers always had an honest smile, were talkative, asked questions and treated us like friends. This surprised my wife and I the most.

The buffet food was on par for what it was, buffet food. There were a few surprises, like calamari and the roast beef, but for the most part it was as expected.

The food during our dinner at the Elation late service was much, much better. Whether it is just the ambiance or great service, the food was top tier in presentation, taste and selection. My wife and I went to Gladstones in Malibu and Yamashiro's in L.A. prior to the cruise, and the Carnival dinner cruise dinner's almost met the quality of these finer restaurants. The Carnival dinner service was much better. Manek and Kitte were great and met our every request.

The activities were good, and we especially like the first Comedian, Lowell Sanders. The Captain's meet and greet was nice, as all our friends enjoyed meeting the entire crew, as well as the variety of free cocktails.

Overall, we enjoyed our week, meeting new friends and the ports of call. We would recommend this cruise to our friends, with kids or not.

Matt & Kari

Pros: Our new friends, great dinners and superb service

Cons: The cold weather!

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!