Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Much needed getaway!

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

This was my very first cruise and I booked it spontaneously with my best friend. 4 nights might seem like a lot for the first time but it was amazing! not to mention very relaxing! They had good deals for the spa and a free gym, track and sauna to use. There's no way you can be bored going on this cruise. There's way too many activities and good people on board to chat with. We made fast friends with our dinner table (355) and I hope to get in touch with them. I definitely recommend this ship for a cruise. I'm going to be returning to go on another one very soon.

Pros: all you can eat FOOD (grilled sandwiches, sushi, 24 hr pizza place) fun daily activities, service, staff, the Destiny dining room was always fun for dinner.

Cons: Not being able to bring more alcohol on board other than wine and champagne (one 750ml bottle per person)

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

I thought it was cool they offered plenty of children's activities although I didn't like when the kids would jump and splash into the jacuzzi. They should not be allowed in there and the signs say they are not for kids, I didn't see anyone enforcing that rule.
I don't really have anything to compare it to but I thought it was very well maintained.
The food wasn't too bad, its definitely better than cafeteria food. At dinner a couple of items change to keep variety but at the other buffets its all pretty much the same but you can still have a variety by switching up what buffets you go to everyday.
I was a little skeptical about getting an interior room but I'm glad I got that instead of an oceanview. I was hardly in the room other than sleeping and it was easier to sleep-in because its pitch black until you turn the lights on (like a Las Vegas room). I stay up late so the interior room works out perfectly.
They're always asking you if you need anything when they walk by and every crew member says hello as they walk by you as well. I never felt so at home and comfortable.
I liked all the activities on board and excursions. If you book excursions for Ensenada you can't book wine touring and horseback riding because they overlap, so I was bummed about that but there is a variety of enjoyable excursions for everyone.