Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Not a bad 1st experience...

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

We just got home from our 3 day cruise to Ensenada. Overall, a good experience, however be prepared- the con is on for your $$ when on shore leave in Ensenada! We paid the extra amount to travel by shuttle to the 'Bufadora'- about a 30 minute ride each way w/o traffic. it's supposedly the place to go for cheaper pricing on souvenirs and such, but it's dangerous for tourists! The vendors actually will force you into their store fronts and demand money and block the exit if you refuse to buy! YES INDEED- in happened to my brother and his wife! He had to force the vendor out of his way to get him and his wife out. Our family traveled together, and got split up for a short time on the stretch. The prices were higher as well than the shop outside the ships dock too. Habana Banana- the Famous Restaurant in the Bufadora was a joke too. The atmosphere was good, but the food and cost was ridiculous! The coast line of Ensenada is quite beautiful though- enjoy it from the dock!
Without a doubt, the ship makes its money off Photos, drinks, and gratuities. The staff was exceptional! They really did go out of their way to ensure your comfort onboard.

Pros: Staff- comfortable beds

Cons: Nickel and diming guests- Paying extra for less- Ensenada

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

A personal note here; I paid extra for a window and got a smaller room than the rest of the family members who got port holes for free- which gives you the same view. The beds were VERY comfortable though! I wish I would have spent more time in the room than galavanting around the ship.
Hmm.. My suggestion would be that one decides beforehand how much time and money they want to give up on a 3 day cruise! Bingo is 10 bucks a card, 3 for 20. If 3 days go by in a flash, and next time, I will spend my time relaxing.
I went looking for my 17 year old and came upon a small room that catered to 14 - 17 year olds who acted uncomfortable when an adult came in, and it was a bit dim in there and intimidating.
I can only compare my experience with staff, from others experiences on different cruises. they were fantastic!
The putt-putt golf could use new artificial turf, None of the Jacuzzi's were working, and avoid the public restrooms if possible. I'm sure it's very hard for the staff to keep after all the 'miss aiming' of the users.
The main dining experience was exceptional! Different choices of entres each night in a great environment. The buffet on the Lido Deck was very convenient, but the choice got old after the 2nd day.