Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Not bad for first-timers.

Sail Date: December 22, 2008

I previously had a great time on the Carnival Pride, so I decided to try out Carnival Paradise. Not quite a paradise. Embarkation was fast. Food in the dining room was great.

Pros: Food, Quality of Entertainment, Entertainment facilities

Cons: Quantity of Entertainment, Cabin bathrooms, Ship layout

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

For the most part, the entertainment was totally fabulous. Just wish that some of the hosts for events were a bit more enthusiastic.
Large ship, but a weird layout. Sometimes to get across the same floor, you would have to go up a floor or two, cross the ship, and then go back down.
Maitre'D couldn't give us the dining time we want (6PM), so we were sent to the 8:15PM dining. When we talked to him, he said that we (boyfriend and I) were very young and should be out partying late at night. Reasonably assumption, I suppose, but 1. I eat early and 2. I sleep early. After 2 days of dining room food, we just ate at the buffet since it was totally impossible for me to stay awake past 10PM. (Eating at 8:15 meant we were finish around 9:30PM and I would go to bed on a full stomach. Not fun.)

Food was good though. Love the warm chocolate melting cake.
Our sink would start bubbling in the middle of the night and my room would smell like sea water and feces. Not pleasant. We called the cabin steward once and they sent someone to clean it up right away. Happened every night, so we just opened up all the doors to air out the room.
They were all really friendly, but it looked like some of them hated their jobs.
Ensenada, Mexico
Ate a lot of tacos. Watch out for the hundreds of kids that try to sell you gum.