Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

good cruise

Sail Date: May 19, 2008

The overall experience was good. This was my first cruise, so I don't have anything to compare it to. We did the wine tasting tour in MX which was good if you were interested in knowing about the production process but really didn't give any information about the grapes.

Pros: the ship was very nice and clean

Cons: food ok, massage fair, ports ok

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

They definately stuck to the crowd pleasers. I would have like to see more healthy choices of better quality. They did have a healthy seleciton at the sit down dinner, but it was often very bland. I would have like the sushi bar to be open more.
Overall they were great. The spa staff was a little to be desired. I really liked the fitness room staff and the dining room staff and housekeeping was outstanding.
One the day at sea, I tried to do a lot of activities. Thy were pretty good. Our weather wasn;t the best, so I think the more people were interested in the activities.
I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable size of the stateroom for 2 people and the bed was great. We had the smallest inner room.
The employees were always working really hard to keep it clean. There were always activities to do on the boat.
Catalina Island, California
it was ok. the golf carts are a good option if you can split them between four people. all activiites were overpriced. we ended up renting a fishing pole and fishing form the dock, which was fun
Ensenada, Mexico
we went on wine tour and then tried papas and beer which was like a creepy frat party and ended up at a bar down the street and then a stripclub
Don't Miss: taccos on the street