Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A fun ship but older ship.

Sail Date: May 02, 2008

This ship is a little bit older and smaller than the ships than I have been on in the past. It had a strange smell to it. It kind of smelled a little bit musty. The rooms were a little bit beat up but they were the largest rooms that I have see on a cruise before. The food was good but there wasn't a huge selection in the dining room every night, just a few different items to choose from. There was a large casino that accomadated all of the guests, very fun!!! The staff was great, very friendly. I didn't have kids on board but the kids programs must be great because you wouldn't have even known there were kids on the ship. Great job guys!!! I would worry about taking small kids on because the decks had rails that kids could easily climb through or climb over.

Pros: Fun atmosphere, great casino. Friendly staff. Pretty good food. Great prices on bar drinks, cheaper than I expected.

Cons: Carnival Paradise was a little bit older and smaller ship than I have been on in the past. It smelled kind of funny. Kind of musty and it was a little beat up.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

We were assigned our seating time of choice as well as seated with the couple we were traveling with (upon our request).
Largest staterooms I have been in on a cruise. Very comfortable bed. Smelled old and musty and like someone had been smoking in it all day.
Ensenada, Mexico
We just had a great time waling around and visiting various shops and bars.