Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: April 14, 2008

The food service was excellent. Our room steward kept us stocked with fresh towels and a tidied bed. The towell animals were a nice touch.

Pros: Dinner and the service by head waiter Norris

Cons: Shore excursion desk person wasn't very helpful

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

The Elasian restaurant was amazing. Some of the best lobster and shrimp I've had. One thing I didn't like was some of the wait staff was condescending. For instance I pronounced Salmon as and she corrected me saying "NO it's Salll MoN"! Also if you had any slight changes they would laugh as if it was the most rediculous request.
Our head waiter Norris was great. As soon as we asked for anything, he litterally returned with it in seconds. His great personality and EXCELLENT service made dining even better! We saw our room steward twice the entire trip. Once in the beginning and once in the end...but our room was always clean and stocked with fresh towells
We had an interior room and it was great! No view, but as honeymooners the queen size bed was all we required! The only bad (or good depending on what you're going for) thing about the room was that once u were inside you had no way to tell time. Because it's pitch black when lights are off, it could be 1 in the afternoon and feel like midnight. If you aren't concerned with missing early shore excursion tours it's fine...if you are... u may want to bring an alarm clock.
The ships entertainment was great. The commedian was pretty good, and the live shows were cheesy but spectacular!
they had a club for kids only and a slide for the pool that my wife and I enjoyed as adults! Also an arcade.
Catalina Island, California
I love catalina! I proposed to my then girlfriend a month before this trip at Armstrong's Seafood (which has great swordfish!). I had my girls favorite deep dish pizza from Chicago flown in and the manager let the server bring it out as an appetizer and they filmed my proposal! The best part of the trip SKUBA DIVING! We went with Ron Moore's company . If you plan on going Skuba diving make sure to register early and get up and off the ship early. You don't want to miss out! I'm not a good swimmer at all and felt completely safe throughout! There is also a place with GREAT Caramel Apples. The best is the Tally Ho. THe place is right accross from Armstrong's Seafood. Also, the restaurant/bar right at the edge of the green pier serves Strawberry Daquaris Made with wine that are excellent.
Don't Miss: Skuba Diving
Ensenada, Mexico
I was dissapointed with Ensenada. After catalina I was expecting a more beautiful setting. Coming from L.A. the main streets looked like our bargain basement swapmeet areas. It was a little to touristy in that area, though I enjoyed our tour. It was the Ranch and Fiesta tour and we were able to go up into the mountains and get a nice view of the city. The food was good and there was traditional dancing, a rope trick expert and a pinata for the kids. It was a cool taste of Mexico. If i could do it over I would have gone to see the blowhole which ensenada is known for. Also, my wife had a daquiri here, based on the waiter saying they used purified water for the ice, and spent her last night and moring in the bathroom! DONT HAVE ANY DRINKS OR WATER THAT ISN"T BOTTLED!
Don't Miss: probably the blowhole