Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

The "fun ship"

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

: I find it disturbing that you have rejected my first review which told the truth about our "vacation" in order to get a GOOD REVIEW, which is NOT the truth. That shows me that your customer reviews are BOGUS - shame on you for hiding truth.
THE SHIP: The stateroom was clean, but the fun ship vacation was exhausting due to lack of sleep from excessive noise and the fun ship vacation caused sickness due to allergic reaction to food that was NOT fully described on the menu. It was NOT a fun ship.

Pros: The staff was very nice

Cons: the black stains I saw everywhere

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

NO ONE should pay $3,000 for a family cruise and be subjected to what we went through
FOOD: The waiter was REALLY NICE and KIND, but he could not describe melting cake WHAT IS IT?
More importantly, the menu should have been marked for "hot" food - I asked the waiter what ingredients were in the "inexplicable descriptions" of the main courses and the food I ordered sounded great. He did NOT mention that it had peppers. I am allergic to them and, after only three bites, I became sick for two days.
AMBIANCE: Black spots on chair seats and the tablecloths and napkins had little black "dotted areas that are indicative of MOLD which is not healthy
The stateroom was clean, but we could not sleep at night due to consistent noises from behind one wall and loud POUNDING from below the stateroom floor
The onboard ship staff was all nice, but did not "go above and beyond," such as checking to see if the kids could charge drinks to the stateroom. At embarkation, a man named Benjamin told our granddaughters that they could charge anything they wanted to on our credit card, but we did NOT authorize any names except our own. We initialed ONLY our 2 names (not theirs) for ANY charges to our credit card, but the ship allowed them to charge over $122 for OUTRAGEOUS costs for soda, etc., PLUS gratuity (ridiculous), all because Benjamin said they could. Benjamin should be fired for doing that to us because it certainly sounds ILLEGAL to me.