Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Carnival Cruise Lines Found The Secret

Sail Date: January 14, 2008

We have been on over 20 cruise with various cruise lines and were exceptionally pleased with the outstanding service offered on the Carnival Paradise in January 2008. There wasn't a single thing overlooked from quality food to well trained and knowledgable staff members no matter if they were a mechanic or a manager. The friendliness, ability of supervisors and mangers to spend time talking with passengers, politeness of bartenders and servers, top-notch cabin service, are just a few of what we enjoyed on the beautifully appointed ship. This was our first time on Carnival and they have won our heart and cruise reservation pocketbook.

Pros: Everything

Cons: That the cruise was over

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

From the moment we boarded, we felt the stunning beauty of the ship a feast for the eyes and were thrilled with it attention to detail throughout. The layout was easy to navigate, it was spotlessly clean, and you had a feeling of "welcome" throughout the ship.
Not only great food for the tummy, but a feast for the eyes served in the first class style.
The cabin stewart actually knocked on our door when we arrived, introduced himself, spent a few minutes seeing if we had any special needs and was always right there. The towel animals he made nightly were a treat. We had seen them done spasmodically on other cruises, but not to this extent.
There was a single person associated with the Carnival staff that couldn't give you precise directions and if they were complicated, accompanied you to your destination. They all spoke English and I don't know how many other languages, but no mater what their country of origin, they spoke to me in English. It was great!
I don't think we have ever, ever, seen shows of this energy, intensity and diversity. We were blown away!
We were not there with children, but we did talk to kids and teens partaking in the programs. They loved it. This was the first ship that we didn't find stray children riding up and down the elevators, pushing buttons and generally causing distress of us older folks. What a pleasure.
Catalina Island, California
I am an artist, so I went to the island to paint. I am not a shopper, so I don't have much to say about the island except that I am completing my painting in my studio today. It is of the beautiful fountain in town.
Don't Miss: Talking with the residents
Ensenada, Mexico
Again, I did not leave the ship, but painted from 9AM until 4PM completing a beautiful canvas of the port including the flag waving in the breeze. It was a lovely site to paint. I'm not a shopper, so I didn't leave the ship, but my husband did and said it was nice.
Don't Miss: The beautiful colors of the buildings, boats in the harbor, etc.