Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: September 17, 2007

This was our third cruise but the first on a ship built for the cruise trade. The others were converted ocean liners. Once we got past the porters on the docks the boarding process was smooth and speedy. The crew was helpful and friendly. The food was good, the service excellant. My wife thought the jewelry in the shops wasn't all that unique but the help in the shops was excellant. Going in I thought a 4 days cruise was no big deal but during and after I was off the ship I have come to believe that a 4-5 days cruise is really nice. We didn't go all that far so we were not in rough open seas. I would do this cruise again. And, I enjoyed Carnival.

Pros: The ship, the crew, the food. Fellow passengers.

Cons: The porter service at the dock which was the longshoreman's job at Long Beach

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Clean ship and nicely laid out
Good food with a good variety of choices. They had special items every night and the a section of the menu that were the same every night. I got stuck on a very good New York steak for 3 or the 4 dinners. We ate in the Paris restaurant for lunch and breakfast where the selections were numerous.
Nicely laid out room with enough storage for our suitcases and clothes, unless you bring a ton of stuff.
Never met the senior officers but the rest of the crew were numerous, friendly and helpful.
There was a really good show for 2 of the 3 nights.
Catalina Island, California
We have been wanting to go to Catalina Island for years. We enjoyed it. Wish I could live there.
Don't Miss: The city tour we purchased from Carnival
Ensenada, Mexico
We walked around town, puchased a few things, then went back to the ship for lunch and sunbathing. If I go again I'd like to take the movie set tour.
Don't Miss: Leaving the dock in that small harbor was really interesting