Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A good time

Sail Date: August 27, 2007

This was my third cruise and my boyfriend's first, so I knew what to expect from the trip. The ship was beautiful, like a 5 star hotel! We were impressed with the cleanliness of the ship, as well as the many different lounges, restaurants, and bars. The staff was extremely friendly, except for one woman who worked at the photo booth. She was not so pleasant. However, everyone else was great. Our sit-down dinners were good, except one night when our food was well well done you could barely chew! The only negative is that we requested to sit with a bigger table of 8-10 but we were seated with 4-6. No big deal. The only complaint my boyfriend and I had, were the long long lines. Lines for buffet. Lines for drinks. Lines to disembark the ship. Lines to go here. Lines to go there. Lines for the bathroom. When we docked in Catalina, it was chaos. You had to get in line to get a sticker. Then you had to get in another line. Then you had to get in line to get in a boat. There was no direction at all. Some people went straight to the line to get on a boat, but once they reached the front of the line they were kicked out. They needed to get into another line (on another deck) to first get a sticker. After getting the sticker, they could then get back in the line they were in. I understand that there were many passengers on the ship, but the wait times seemed ridiculous, much longer than any other ship I have been on. Also, I know the ship is family oriented, but there were wayyy tooo many kids on the ship. We werent able to go swimming, because it was always overcrowded with screaming kids! Next cruise, we plan on doing an adult only cruise. Do those exist? Overall, the trip was good. Shore excursions were a little pricey, at least $20 more than booking one on your own. But other than that, it was a good trip.

Pros: Staff, ship activities

Cons: Long long lines

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Dinner was good, except for one night when our meal was overcooked.
Our room was clean everytime we got back. We loved the towel animals. Our stateroom steward was great.
Ensenada, Mexico
Papas and Beer is the place to be! Bring lots of money to purchase souveneirs and goodies, and you can definetly bargain with the street sellers!
Catalina Island, California
Took forever to disembark from the ship! But once you're there, visit the Oyster bar right next to the water (i forgot the name). Also, bring cash and a valid DL so you can rent a golf cart!