Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruising with a pre-teen

Sail Date: July 13, 2007

Our cruise on the Paradise was the first cruise for my 11 year old nephew. He walked into our state room and asked if he could live aboard a cruise ship! We love the size of our stern stateroom which was somewhat larger than the port or starboard rooms. The entrance through the atrium was a real wow and has completely spoiled the boy for hotel experiences. We loved the water slide and he was thrilled to find a video archade. Having his own sign and sail card made him feel like a grown-up and knowing there was a limit to howmuch he could charge in a day made the experience very stress free for me. I appreciated being seated with single women traveling with children for dining and I was further impressed that someone had taken the time to even match the age and gender of the children at the table!!

Pros: A fun safe and worry free vacation!

Cons: Not quite enough chocalate

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Navigating the layout of the ship takes a few hours to ajust to because floors are both named and numbered. I found it easiest to locate things by landmarks on board,ie. gameroom, swimming pool, purser.
We loved the towel creations.
Staff was exceptionally kind and helpful to the children. My guy felt very at ease.
A better age break might be 11-13 and 14 up. The 11 year old did't quite fit with the younger kids and could not go into the 12 and up group but he managed to make friends without participating in the kids club.
Chocolate melting cake to die for.
Ensenada, Mexico
The city tour was interesting.