Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Had a great time!

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

Sailed April 2007.
Lots of kids aboard, but wasn't bad.
Travelled with a colleague/friend.
Met great people at dinner table, in American bar, at casino, friendly staff.
We had a great time; the time slipped away.
Great way to travel. No worries of drinking and driving; slept in after long nights. The interior cabins had no windows, which I hated at first. But sleeping in was a godsend in this dark room - became a blessing in disguise.
I thought a 4day to Ensenada would be boring, but it was fun, relaxing, and provided for a nonstrenuous vacation week. We loved it! I can't wait to get on another cruise. I will probably do this same cruise again too!

Pros: Food great! Crew friendly! Gambling fun! Dancing fun! American piano bar w/ Barry at piano - great!

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Loved the decor; loved option of bars and gambling.
Had plenty of pool chairs; yet it wasn't super hot, so there were chairs to be had. In warmer weather, there may not be.
It was easier to take the stairs then the elevators.
Walking track a bit small and when you want to walk a couple miles, it becomes awfully redundant fast. Didn't get to the gym; too crowded when I wanted to go. So walked the pool deck instead in the early am. Be careful of dew on the deck in the AM hours.
Loved the food at dinner. Did the buffet at breakfast and lunch.
Pizza bar was great throughout the night (as needed).
Noisy buffet room but there were lots of kids around. Easy to tolerate for me though.
Location at U27 was great, loved the corner "lot". Decor was simple; curtain over non-window hilarious. Hated that it didn't have a window, but grew to love it after long nights dancing and partying; the rooms are so dark when needed....great!
Friendly room attendant, servers, store clerks. Just pleasant.
At a gambling table, there was a heckler-passenger who was really giving the dealer a hard time. It got me mad this heckler was being so rude. The dealer kept a smile on his face and handled this jerk in stride. I didn't. I finally said something to the guy. I saw passengers, who maybe had too much to drink, and servers staying polite and courteous regardless of the passengers belligerency. I just feel they served us well. We tipped above and beyond our $10 a day to all out servers on the last day or meal we had with them.
Although we didn't go but to 1 show, we liked the options we had. We were more for a "no stress, no schedule" environment. We chose to sit back a lot and didn't get to the shows, although if we had an inkling, and were not so relaxed, we would've attended more. But we felt no stress to attend, and we LOVED that!