Disappointing service but great weather

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 07, 2007
Ship: Carnival Paradise
I think that the automated gratuities decrease the level of staff performance- it is added to your account on the first day of the cruise and I would prefer that since it is really not "earned" previous to receiving it--the better plan would just be to include it in the price up front. Gratuities are supposed to be at the discression of the customer. I paged our cabin steward on several occasions for fresh towels or supplying room ammenities for 3 people registered in our cabin as we continually got service for 2. The steward never responded until I went out and found him. The dinner experience was equally disappointing- I drank only water and it was not refilled throughout the meal unless I requested more. I was suprised at the variability in portion sizes of the same meal among guests at the same table and one night I ordered the shrimp/lobster meal and my plate arrived without shrimp although several others at the table received the complete meal. My shrimp was not brought out until after the waiters had completed their entertainment for the evening which was well after I was done with my meal. This is an inexpensive cruise but I did not realize the quality of service would vary so widely from my previous cruise and even all inclusive resort vacations.

the room was fine/ spacious just frustrating to pay for 3 people and be continously treated to ammenities for 2

Pros: the mini massage on deck and the gym

Cons: quality of service was not as good as my previous cruising experiences

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.