Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Great for First Timers!

Sail Date: April 06, 2007

I can see why it is called "The FUN SHIP." This was the first cruise for my kids and I am glad I started with a three day on the Paradise. There was plenty to do for all of us and Camp Carnival was such a hit for the kids and ourselves. When we dropped them off,the firt night, we almost forgot what it felt like to be without them.

The staff was AMAZING! They looked professional, always well dressed in their uniforms and just the nicest! They are the hardest working people I know. They always greeted you, went out of their way to assist and I can't say enough good things about them! For being the smallest of the Carnival fleet, it was impressive when got to the floors where the glass elevators are. It felt grand looking down from the highest floor! There was a lot to do on the ship and I just loved the daily itinerary of events. To say the least, there were many options to choose from... going to the spa, hanging out on the Lido deck, being in the jacuzzi, shopping, playing bingo or even learning how to make the cute towel animals that greeted you in the evening when they turned down your bed. This was great experience for our kids, they already asked us when are we taking our next cruise! Watch out Carnival here we come!

Pros: The hospitality of the staff! Camp Carnival

Cons: The mattress

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

The size was fine and the kids loved the bunk beds, however the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. I had recently hurt my back so it didn't make it any easier for me personally. The bathroom was adequate. I was a little surprised about the shower. I had sailed on the Disney Wonder and their bathroom even had a (little) bath tub. Paradise's bathrooms can't compare.
Loved playing BINGO, going to the casino and the many activities available.
This was perfect ship size for 1st time cruisers (the kids).
We really enjoyed the 24 hour pizza and the sandwhich guy who made a great panini in the Paris restaurant. Since we missed formal night, this was a nice alternative. You can complain when they are serving prime rib and tempura shrimp. Breakfast was good too!
Again, they are the hardest working and the nicest staff! I never ran into an employee that did not smile :) when the passed you by and they always looked well dressed and professional!
I LOVE CAMP CARNIVAL! Need I say more...This is the best thing ever and overall a great experience for the kids.