Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Relaxing Fun Weekend

Sail Date: January 26, 2007

My wife and I had a good time but noticed a few things we didn't like. One of the first things I saw was the basketball court on the upper deck toward the back on the ship. The net was half way off the rim because it was obviously old and falling apart. It made me a little nervous being my first cruise because I starting thinking "what else is old and falling apart". In the buffet, we noticed that when the crew members cleared the tables they were NOT wiped down. And in one of the lounges, one of the crew members had a additude problem. The same person had an additude the next night as well. But in their defense, it's probably no easy working several months straight on a ship and getting additude from some of the guests. We just felt that we treated her nice and didn't get that in return.

All-in all I expected a five star resort and only got a 3, maybe a four....maybe. But, I would do it again.

Pros: Relaxing and the activities/shows

Cons: Additude from some of the crew

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

Some lack of maintenance was visable.
I expected better. An example is the eggs benedict, very little if any hollandaise sauce. Not the best, but good enough.
We had a small middle cabin. It worked and we liked the fake window and the curtain.
Some staff members seem to get a additude fairly easily.
Bingo, Deal or No Deal, Shows were all good.
Ensenada, Mexico
If you're not into the bar seen, La Bufadora was fun to see. We did the four hour tour and had a good time.