Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Could have been better...

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

Having been on several Royal Caribbean cruises, I wanted to experience Carnival for a comparison. While I was impressed with the impeccable stateroom service, the food was simply awful. Eight of eight people didn't touch the caesar salad after the first bite. While I did have theluxury of eating lobster, it wasnt cooked properly and I struggled getting it out of the shell. Don't get me wrong, the service in the dining room paralleled Royal Caribbean, but the quality fell far short. The ship was old but conveniently designed and I NEVER felt lost. Aside from the food and some subpar entertainment, I was satisfied, but not overwhelmed as I was on my three prior cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Pros: Service and Staterooms

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

Fairly clean and easy to access most areas via the Carnival Blvd. (9th floor)
Very good. Everyone said hello at every opportunity.
With the exception of the panini bar, quite simply...awful.
Outstanding, the best room and service of any cruise I have been on.